Building Sales Team Capability at Different Levels for INR 2500 cr. Consumer Products Company
A listed Rs. 2500 cr. consumer products company with a 2000 strong sales team and a pan-India presence faced issues with
- The quality of retail market coverage and quality of selling by the front-line sales team.
- High sales team attrition.
- Poor quality of supervision of the front-line teams by Sales Officers and ASMs.
- Low retail sales productivity.
- Low sales per retail outlet and high dependence on wholesale.
Significant improvement in market execution – higher retail coverage, differentiated selling based on retailer size, category wise selling resulting in more brands / lines sold and improvement in average sales / retailer.