A listed Rs. 3000 cr consumer products company with a 2000 strong sales team and a pan India presence faced challenges with
- The quality of retail market coverage and selling
- Low retail sales productivity
- High dependence on wholesale
- High front line sales team attrition
- Poor quality of frontline sales team by Company executives and managers
While the frontline sales team was exposed to a training program on “Essentials of Retailing & Trade Management”, the supervisors were trained on “Managing a Team” and the managers on “Structured Problem Solving”.
Over a period of 9 months, the sales team was able to reduce its dependence on wholesale from 50% to 40%, thereby making its results more predictable and sustainable.